Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline Desktop - 290-p0043w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a LG XBOOM Bluetooth stereo that worked for 10 days when I connected it to my Windows 10 Bluetooth. It stopped working and been 7 days now. It comes up in the Bluetooth name list, but when I click on it it does not connect. I got in touch with a LG agent and she said I need a higher up firmware update for this Desktop to get it to work again. Is there a Bluetooth driver that can fix this issue?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello
sorry i didn't have a chance to use Bluetooth

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-slim-290-p0000-desktop-pc-series/19390524/model/23205936/doc...
try, updating the driver

Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.2 M.2

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-slim-290-p0000-desktop-pc-series/19390524/model/...

and help here

Connecting a Bluetooth Device (Windows)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

What do you mean by "Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.2 M.2" ? Do I have to actually download that exactly as said? I can't find it.

HP Recommended

try this one

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-slim-290-p0000-desktop-pc-series/19390...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I downloaded that update you just posted and it still does not work. It has the speaker with the red X still. Bluetooth isn't working.

HP Recommended

Is the driver installed at least?
did you try what is explained in the links?
can you test another device, and can you test the speakers with another device?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Yes I did. I'm going to try it on a different device. Do you want me to take a picture of my device manager so you can see which drivers are installed?

HP Recommended

IF you want, but I'm afraid I can't help you more than that, I don't have such a device to test

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I need to figure this out. I paid money for the device, that's why I really don't like Bluetooth. It worked when I first bought it and now it's not doing nothing. It doesn't even connect via my iPhone bluetooth. It did at one point but not anymore. It's not showing up in m Windows 10 choose your output or input device.

HP Recommended

Some how it works now with my Windows 10. I had to unplug and hold power switch on my LG unit for 15 seconds then plug it back in and it's working now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.