Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1446s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been trying to find a solution to this problem off and on for about a year.  The Beats Audio control panel disappeared when I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.  It wasn't a big problem at the time, because I could control the volume using the sliders in various applications.  In the last few days, the volume has begun to diminish, even when I have it turned up to 100% in WIndows Media Player, Youtube, or any other external application.  I'm guessing that something has affected the master volume, and I can't get to that right now.  

When I try to run Beats Audio Control Panel, I get a dialog box that says Windows can't find IDTNC64.cpl.  I located the file in c:\swsetup\sp64473\src\wdm\ on my computer and even copied it to my c:\windows\system32 folder, but that didn't fix the problem.

Unless someone has a better idea, I think my best option is to reinstall the Beats Audio driver.  Unfortunately, that brings me back to square one: No matter what I enter into the customer support page of this site, it does not take me to a page where I can download the Beats Audio driver.  I din't mind looking on an external site such as cnet if necessary, but I'm concerned about safety and I still wouldn't know which file to download.

Any and all solutions are appreciated, but please don't tell me to just go to the HP Customer Support page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully it will fix your audio.

Here is all the info you asked for regarding that file...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.html

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W10 IDT audio driver resolves the problem for you...

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks, Paul.  Before I try to use that .EXE file, I think I would be wise to ask you where you got it.  I really have no idea whether that executable is going to fix my audio or reformat my hard drive.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully it will fix your audio.

Here is all the info you asked for regarding that file...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.html

HP Recommended

Thanks very much, Paul.  I'm not exactly sure why the Beats icon won't show up in my systray or why I can't create a taskbar shortcut, but I'm able to create a desktop shortcut, and that's good enough for me.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I thought this was solved.  My computer rebooted itself while I was sleeping.  That was my first restart since May 17.  When I woke up and launched Windows 10 again, my audio was gone.  I can bring up the Beats Audio control panel, but when I go to the Advanced Settings tab and click the Windows Sound Properties \ Launch button on the same page, I get a list of sound devices, but the status of Speakers/Headphones is set to Not Plugged In.  When I click on the Default Settings \ Reset button on the same page, I get a message saying IDTNGUI.exe has stopped working, and then the app crashes.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that the sound didn't stay fixed for long.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas for you to try.

As an emergency step to at least getting the sound to work, see if this works...

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.

1. Click on the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC in Device Manager.

2. Click on the Driver tab.

3. Click on Update Driver... button.

4. Select  -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select  High Definition Audio Device (Not  IDT High Def...  this is important) and click Next.

Warning message appears, but reply Yes.

7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.

8.  Reboot the PC

Key is step 6

HP Recommended

Hi all: Not computer literate senior citizen needs help. I, too, have lost Beats from my Hp Envy17 A9P84UA after installing the Windows 10 anniversary update. I tried the SP71717.exe install without success. The computer errors out as: The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. Any help most appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi:

sp71717 is for desktop PC's with the IDT audio.

You have a notebook PC.

The only suggestion I can offer since your notebook is not supported by HP for W8.1 or W10, would be to try the IDT HD audio driver from a HP notebook with the IDT audio.  Install and restart the PC.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDTHigh-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that arerunning a supported operating system.

File name: sp63555.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.