Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows Update installed HP Inc. - Firmware - 15.58.0.0 on my PC and now I have no audio output or input. Went to the device manager and there is nothing there for sound or audio at all. I have tried all I know of to get the issue resolved and nothing fixes it. It keeps saying no audio devices found. Is there a fix I can do for this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@SDGA Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have had the same problem with my Envy All-in-One twice over an 8 month period.  The solution is posted in a number of places in this forum.  The accepted solution posted in the thread: Since HP BIOS update no audio output  is the most concise although a little more complex than really required.  This is exactly what happened to you in the BIOS (firmware) update.  My specific experience with the Envy is in another thread but since I can't post URLs in this forum, I don't know how to point to the specific point other than to say it is in the Audio forum heading along with the same solution posted in a number of other similar Audio forum threads.  The root cause is the HP updates probably installed by the HP Support Assistant and not the Windows 10 Updates which I doubt would update your BIOS firmware.  Since the Windows 10 operating system is non-deterministic, only god knows what it is doing on each specific computer.

HP Recommended

@Ken_K5RG

Please provide the correct product number.

Also, you could elaborate more on the issue. So, that we can check and provide you an appropriate solution.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Try this out please. I had the same problem on a similar All-In-One caused due to a faulty Microsoft update of the Intel drivers. It was resolved by using this simple workaround

• Open Device Manager (Open the start menu, type Device Manager and press enter) and select System Devices (close to the end of the list).
  • Locate Intel Smart Sound Technology driver (SST).
  • Right-click and select Update Driver from the pop-up menu.
  • Choose browse my computer for driver software and then Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and select High Definition Audio.
  • Click Next.
  • Intel Smart Sound Technology (SST) driver will disappear and you should have Audio back.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.