Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have followed every step I can find,  my external speakers don't work.  I hhear a buzzing noise,  that's all. All software and drivers are updated.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I had an update on HP yesterday and am having that same issue this morning. 

HP Recommended

HP paid for their 3rd party support.  I called,  got hung up on!

My speakers are Bose Companion 3. Their supposed to work.  I can't get any sound. BB said the speakers may not be compatible.

HP Recommended

I tried new speakers,  same issue.  I checked all settings,  some settings I see online I don't see on my pc. I don't see any way to change output speakers. I tried my Android phone,  same results. All software is updated. I have a HP LAPTOP  , same issue.  There has to be a setting I'm overlooking. Any other suggestions? HP won't help,  they say it's a software issue.  Their 3rd party help hung up on me! I'm at my wits end.

HP Recommended

I searched online for troubleshooting steps,  I tried every one, still can't get external speakers to work. The pc is under warranty but HP says it's a software issue.  They don't cover software under warranty. They won't let me take it to Authorized Service Center to troubleshoot. I know it's not the speakers, new speakers don't work either. There mbe be a setting that I'm overlooking. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem, I was told that perhaps its a problem from the update. My laptop is 6 months old. However if I use headphones, I can hear. I work on Zoom every day and it is very frustrating. 1200$ laptop is supposed to last more than 6 monhs! HP wont help!

HP Recommended

This was sent to me from another community member and my speakers have been working ever since I did what was instructed - ID included in below:

CSILK1127 (New member) posted a new reply in Desktop Audio on 01-14-2021 04:10 PM

Subject: Re: Terrible Audio Quality After Updates

I had the same issue.. go into sound settings, then sound control panel, then click on speaker, then advanced settings and uncheck enable audio enhancements

HP Recommended

I tried those steps, still can't get external speakers to work.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Has anyone had this resolved recently? I contacted support on the messenger service but no reply.

HP Recommended

I'm still having the same problem. My HP All in One doesn't recognize the external speakers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.