cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
tdashiell
Level 3
64 43 0 11
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

external speakers not working

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have followed every step I can find,  my external speakers don't work.  I hhear a buzzing noise,  that's all. All software and drivers are updated.

9 REPLIES 9
SS789
3 3 0 1
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had an update on HP yesterday and am having that same issue this morning. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
tdashiell
Author
Level 3
64 43 0 11
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP paid for their 3rd party support.  I called,  got hung up on!

My speakers are Bose Companion 3. Their supposed to work.  I can't get any sound. BB said the speakers may not be compatible.

tdashiell
Author
Level 3
64 43 0 11
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried new speakers,  same issue.  I checked all settings,  some settings I see online I don't see on my pc. I don't see any way to change output speakers. I tried my Android phone,  same results. All software is updated. I have a HP LAPTOP  , same issue.  There has to be a setting I'm overlooking. Any other suggestions? HP won't help,  they say it's a software issue.  Their 3rd party help hung up on me! I'm at my wits end.

tdashiell
Author
Level 3
64 43 0 11
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I searched online for troubleshooting steps,  I tried every one, still can't get external speakers to work. The pc is under warranty but HP says it's a software issue.  They don't cover software under warranty. They won't let me take it to Authorized Service Center to troubleshoot. I know it's not the speakers, new speakers don't work either. There mbe be a setting that I'm overlooking. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

SS789
3 3 0 1
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem, I was told that perhaps its a problem from the update. My laptop is 6 months old. However if I use headphones, I can hear. I work on Zoom every day and it is very frustrating. 1200$ laptop is supposed to last more than 6 monhs! HP wont help!

Lisa019
Level 1
7 6 0 3
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This was sent to me from another community member and my speakers have been working ever since I did what was instructed - ID included in below:

CSILK1127 (New member) posted a new reply in Desktop Audio on 01-14-2021 04:10 PM

Subject: Re: Terrible Audio Quality After Updates

I had the same issue.. go into sound settings, then sound control panel, then click on speaker, then advanced settings and uncheck enable audio enhancements

tdashiell
Author
Level 3
64 43 0 11
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried those steps, still can't get external speakers to work.

Garethburris
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Has anyone had this resolved recently? I contacted support on the messenger service but no reply.

tdashiell
Author
Level 3
64 43 0 11
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm still having the same problem. My HP All in One doesn't recognize the external speakers.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation