Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
700-230qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

since last windows 10 update, i have lost my line-in and mic-in devices.  result, no way to record from outside source.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@otherdarral

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@otherdarral

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the line-in and mic-in isn't found since the recent Windows updates,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt to install driver updates for Audio and chipset?

(Click here to find and install, if you haven't)

Have you attempted to reinstall the Audio drivers?

(please follow the below steps to do the same, if you haven't)

• Open Start, enter Device Manager and select it from the list of results. Under Sound, video, and game controllers, select and open your sound card. Select the Driver tab, and select Update Driver
  • If those steps didn't work, try uninstalling your audio driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the audio driver, and select Uninstall. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
  • If that didn't work, try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows as following :  In Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) your Audio Driver > Update Driver Software... Browse my computer for driver software Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select High Definition Audio Device, select Next, and follow the instructions to install it.

If the issue persists, use the above link to update the BIOS as well.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you , but I still have no line-in.  I had tried all your suggestions previously except choosing the native HD Audio Device.   So I  did that this time.  it did change my deviice from Nvidia High Definiton Devive back to the native.  I also restarted computer to is if that brought of line-in.  Unfortunately only recording device shown is the mic on my bluetooth speaker iI have been using.  Line-in and Mic-in is not there.

HP Recommended

@otherdarral

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

Did you check for any other HP Forum posts to help resolve your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

The Windows 10 drivers are either not available or in need of an update, hence installing a windows 8.1 driver seems to have fixed the issue on the related post, I suggest you attempt the same as it should help.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks, this last seemed to have workded.  at least i have line and mic in.  

HP Recommended

@otherdarral

Thank you for the update,

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.