2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

no audio on envy 23 desktop

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 23-inch Displays
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The envy has been relativly trouuble free up until a week ago after a windows up grade though not immediate say a day or so it wouldnt boot up start propblem it said  the only thing I could do was restore to before upgrade.  everything came back end of story.  week later I think it reinstalled windows update, let it go .  no problem for several days until today .  I was in the computer playing microsoft solataire game when I noticed no sound.  so I rebooted firgure shake it loose.  nothing, kept getting cant find device, when I tried to upgrade driver it would kick back found new driver but couldnt install it.  I went all the way to removing diriver totally and letting windows reinstall to no avail no change.  I even defaulted the bios and that is where I am now.  The only thing that bios move did was clear idt high definition audio codec caution sign.  now in device manager when I click on the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC this is what I get. No drivers are installed for this device., manufacturer unknow. I am streached to my limit any help would be of course greatly appreciated.

Wayne

6 REPLIES 6
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 526
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/identify?q=Hp%20Envy%2023&filter=

is the best match I can find.

Hp Envy 23

Matching products for United Kingdom (11)

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,194 119,371 19,499 29,796
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @waynebanach

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if installing this W10 IDT audio driver gets the sound to work again.

Restart the PC after installing...

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

waynebanach
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Worked like a charm, followed your suggestions to the letter and next thing I hear is a Ding Ding.  Thanks a lot I was at my wits end which seems to be getting shorter these days.  Thanks again

Wayne

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Wayne.

That's one less annoyance in your life.  :generic:

0 Kudos
TheBlerdLibby
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help! Don't know what caused the issue but your solution got it up and running in 3 mins flat!! 🙂

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad the driver worked for you too.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation