Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 520 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to update the driver (audio) for my device and now I am getting the following error " Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them 

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

A device for this system is not functioning 

Please help I need audio asap.

thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to see if installing this W10 IDT audio driver and restarting the PC, gets the sound to work again...

VERSION: 6.10.6504.0

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Look for a System Restore point prior to the audio driver update going south.  Windows normally captures a system state prior to any device driver update process just so one can roll back the system to the previous and working device driver.  Google System Restore if detailed information is needed noting that this is not a system recovery which reinstalls Windows.  I have not had good luck using the system restore points but they were specifically designed to recover from failed device driver updates.  Normally a Windows system is configured to create system restore points but you won't know until you see what restore points have been created and saved.  Of course an operational backup scheme is always the easiest way to recover from just about any self-induced problem. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.