cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
bobrecording
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

no bass, tiny sound and no eq

HP Recommended

I had a 2 hour support call with the desktop team. Had a HP Z2 G$ delivered and when I set up external speakers, I noticed a NO SUBS/Bass, tiny audio sound. I am a recording engineer, with many HP's and I knew something was wrong.

When I plugged in the speakers into my older Micro Tower HP, they sounded perfect!

So after no luck with tech support, I had kept on trying setting, drivers.

I DID not get the EQ to work in HP Audio app,,,,,,

BUT---I GOT IT THE SOUND WORKING Properly, with all the bass and power returning and I think the only thing I did was change the settings (which I did before) in Windows sound settings/speaker properties.

And I changed to 16 bit and it worked and then to 24 bit 44.1 and the sound returns!

Hope that helps others.

sound settings.png

1 REPLY 1
SceamName
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting this. 

There seems to be a problem with the Sound Driver on the Z2 Mini G4. 

I am experiencing exactly the same thing.  I tried your fix, but the headphones stopped working ( I got them working with a re-boot).  

The thing that worked for me was installing a different sound driver, but you get an annoying pop-up, see my other post.

I really wonder if the developers tested the headphones before releasing the standard driver!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation