Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVYPhoenix 810-260na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just had to reinstall windows 10 (originally came with windows 8 ) I now have no sound. Phoned HP who originally said it was my sound card and would need a new one. However, they stopped making them in 2015 so they suggested I buy a new PC! I informed them that my speakers are built into the bottom of my monitor, they then said in that case I do not have a sound card on the PC. Then told to download the driver from HP which I did and hey presto it worked 🙂 Unfortunately, I had to reset the PC again with the same result, no sound. I have downloaded the driver again but this time it has not worked. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't know what driver you are using, but this W10 IDT audio driver should get the sound to work again.

Restart the PC after installing the driver.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't know what driver you are using, but this W10 IDT audio driver should get the sound to work again.

Restart the PC after installing the driver.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response Paul. Unfortunately, after clicking the link all I get is a blank white window.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Use Internet Explorer and see if you can download the file that way.

It works for me using Internet Explorer but it doesn't work using Edge for some reason.

HP Recommended

I loaded IE and cut and pasted the link. It loaded but still no sound. I saw online that it had been superseded by sp76484.exe which I tried but still no luck. I'm losing the will to go on 😞

HP Recommended

Your PC's support page only has one audio driver and that is the one I posted.

HP ENVY Phoenix 810-260na Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Supp...

It is not possible that the above driver I posted was superseded by an older one.

Not to mention that sp76484.exe is for a 3D driveguard device which parks the head of the hard drive on a notebook PC.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76484.html

It is not an audio driver.

If sp71717 didn't get the audio to work, unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

I just bought this audio card for my Dell Optiplex 7050 PC and it works great.

Creative Blaster Audigy Fx 5.1 PCIe Sound Card with SBX Pro Studio: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Access...

W10 will automatically install the drivers for you.

The specs for your PC indicate that hit has 3 PCIe x1 slots, so you should have one available to install the audio card in.

HP Recommended

I thought I would try one more time before calling it a day and hey presto, I now have sound. I don't think I did anything differently but something sure worked. Thanks for your help Paul

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.