Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - 700-410xt CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I am either streaming Sirrius XM or playing through Media player or Foobar 2000, I lose the sound whenever data is transfered over the internet. The sound gets garbled and disappears. It comes back when the internet transmission or reception is finished. I am using a USB  Modi 3 DAC. One suggestion was to change power settings on USB ports. That did not work. A second suggestion was to remove the IDT Codec. I have not done that for fear of losing all sound. I have a stock machine with no sound card and only a low level graphics card.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If hardwired then ensure that the  Realtek ethernet chip does the processing for the checxsums and other housekeeping else the CPU may be too busy to handle the audio and disk traffic

BeemerBiker_0-1666805805516.png

make sure everything is "offloaded"

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I assume you are using your Wi-Fi for internet access and not hardwired ethernet and have tried both the USB3 and the USB2 ports for your Modi.

Please bring up msinfo and look in Conflicts/Sharing under the Hardware resources.

An example of a conflict would be

BeemerBiker_0-1666753426655.png

A conflict is not an "error" but is could be a potential problem if both devices are heavily used as neither can be used concurrently. 

I assume you have the Sirius XM app on your PC and not one of their radio gadgets attached to PC using USB. 

I assume you are using the Modi all the time and not any of the three audio connectors on the motherboard.

1 Is there a problem listening to a radio station using the Sirius App and doing nothing else?

2 Is there a problem with the audio just watching a YouTube or Netflix video and doing nothing else?

3 Is there a problem with the audio just playing a DVD movie and doing nothing else?

If the above 3 all work ok but the sound is lost when surfing, downloading or concurrently using your computer for other activity then you probably lack enough memory for the media player to buffer the sound.  Your maximum ram is 16gb.  IMHO 8gb should be sufficient.  You might also check your hard drive and make sure it has write back enabled.  That might make a difference. Temporarily you could check the "Turn Off" to see if that helps but be sure to uncheck it after testing.

BeemerBiker_0-1666789550872.png

There are also 4 possible bios updates for your system depending on the board id (SSID)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-700-400-desktop-pc-series/7161708/model/727...

They are listed under the windows 8.1 but can be installed under 10 IFF the SSID matches your system.

BeemerBiker_0-1666789967283.png

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, your original assumption of me connecting through WIFI was incorrect. I am hardwired to a Netgear R 7000 with a 400MB connection. I have been streaming Sirius from their web site, as a message came up on my computer that the app was to old and may not work when I tried to install it. This does not explain why it also degrades the with Foobar 2000. I will start working through your suggestions and report back shortly.

HP Recommended

If hardwired then ensure that the  Realtek ethernet chip does the processing for the checxsums and other housekeeping else the CPU may be too busy to handle the audio and disk traffic

BeemerBiker_0-1666805805516.png

make sure everything is "offloaded"

HP Recommended

Thank you Beemer Biker. I found a couple of the issues you brought up. The IRQ conflict between my USB and Graphics card, switching from USB 2 to USB 3, but I still had the same issue. Your final comment was the cats meow.

Take care and thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.