Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
290-a0036 (Slim Desktop)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This thing has AMD & Realtek Audio. It has a rear audio jack. I am trying to get audio to the usb ports. I assume it would be the Realtek, but Windows update didn't work it get new driver and I don't know what driver I might need.

Can someone point me to the correct location

Thanks

KenW
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The monitor has NO audio jack or speakers. The only thing I can do is connect to the jack on the computer. My other machines were much better than this desktop. I went "cheap" and I got cheap. I will live with it.

KenW

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Additional info  >  Windows 10 has picked my monitor (HMDI) as the audio output. However the monitor does not have speakers !!!

Realtek audio has a jack for the speakers.

I really can't test USB audio unless I can find a driver is my first AMD based computer, so trying to find my way around. lol

KenW
HP Recommended

Only driver I can find is from Dell, yuk ! Didn't work.

AMD audio is set to hdmi which does me no good because monitor doesn't have speakers.

The Realtek sound is set to the rear jack.

Happy cheap prices on E-Bay !!!

KenW
HP Recommended

@Ken1943 There are two things you can do:

1. Connect your speaker to the monitor's audio jack instead of the one on the desktop and the sound should work just fine,
  2. Or Click here to identify why the audio card/desktop audio jack isn't getting detected via simple step by step guide.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The monitor has NO audio jack or speakers. The only thing I can do is connect to the jack on the computer. My other machines were much better than this desktop. I went "cheap" and I got cheap. I will live with it.

KenW
HP Recommended

@Ken1943 I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.