Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PAV 590-p0020 DT PC US
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought the HP PAV 590-p0020 in 2018 and immediately upgraded the RAM to 8 GB and the 310W power supply. Just upgraded processor to Ryzen 5 2600 (a supported processor). Added the Radeon RX550 graphics card.  The RX580 is sold in current units, along with all the other configured components I am using. But, my computer no longer starts.  Anyone know why?

UPDATE: found part of the problem.  The wire to the power button on the face plate somehow came loose.  New Problem: power light comes on.  Fan for CPU,  PSU, and GPU all run. No power is going to the (USB) mouse or keyboard.  But, I can charge my phone and a game controller at the same time using the same USB ports. However, the keyboard, mouse--all peripherals--do not function. No power is going to the (USB) mouse or keyboard

2ND UPDATE.

I found the remainder of the problem.  When I bought the original computer, there were two power supplies available. a 180W and a 310W. I have the 310W PSU. It seems the newer computers, with the Radeon graphics cards, are coming with a 400W power supply. Does anyone know if that 400W power supply can be used in the HP PAV 590-0020? From what I can tell, it is the same Sunflower motherboard, processor socket (AM4), and chipset (Promontory FCH). And, if it can be used, how/where do I order it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi ,

I don't think the compatible 500 watt HP power supply fits in the 590 chassis because it is not a SFF PSU. The connections work but the PSU cannot be secured to the chassis correctly.

This is all I know at this time.

The 590 chassis needs a SFF part.

Regards

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @markbell82 

To answer your last question, will the 400w PSU fit my case? Yes it is the same small form factor PSU and used on the Sunflower mobo.

Power Supply - GNRC PSU 400W SFF Entl FR   Part Number: L04618-800

You can buy it direct from HP, if you cannot find that P/N online at other stores.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=L04618-800

HP Recommended

OK.  New question.

I found (still not sure how I got to it) a 500W PSU that appears to be in this grouping for the newer computers.  I can't seem to link it back to the MB and etc, though.  Is that compatible? And, can it be used? 

The part number I found was L0557-800

I ask because a couple of the graphics cards now being used reguire up to 450W PSU (ie. Radeon RX 550 and RX560). TPB allowance on the Sunflower board is 65W and the two graphics cards mentioned are 60-80W. 

Side question:  These tower units have unique proprietary connections from the PSU to the MB. Is the MB connection for the 180W and 310W PSU the same as for the 400W (and 500W)?

HP Recommended

Like I already pointed out, the 400w PSU I linked to is used on the Sunflower motherboards also, so yes it will connect. HP has a few of those proprietary motherboards that only use the four pin power connections.

I cant speak for the 500w you ask about unless I know what it is you found. The part number you gave is not pulling up in the Parts Surfer. Where did you find it and maybe I can look it up?

HP Recommended

Thank you for confirming the connections.  I just wanted to make sure since they are really different.

On the part number, I got it from a 2 year old email chain where I was trying to find the 310W PSU. It's under a different community ID, which is awhy I couldn't quite recall how I got the number.  And, of course, I typed the part number wrong which is why it wasn't working for either of us in the Parts Surfer.  Sorry about that....

L05757-800 Power Supply - GNRC PSU 500W ENT17 FR GLD

So, I promise this is my final question.  Would this work on this MB and etc.?

HP Recommended

I would assume it will work, the 4 pin connector looks the same on that Berks motherboard which is the motherboard its used with, just like your Sunflower version. 

@Grzwacz  you know of any reason it wouldn't work?

HP Recommended

Hi ,

I don't think the compatible 500 watt HP power supply fits in the 590 chassis because it is not a SFF PSU. The connections work but the PSU cannot be secured to the chassis correctly.

This is all I know at this time.

The 590 chassis needs a SFF part.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz  Thanks,  I looked up that PSU model and its installed in the ENVY 795-0000 series towers.

The motherboard and the other PSUs are SFF.

Is that Envy tower full ATX and just has mounts for both PSU types?

With HP, I can never tell if they left something out or not. Ive googled that 500w supply and come up empty.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-795-0000-desktop-pc-series/19390486/product-info

HP Recommended

Thank you for digging so far into this. I really appreciate your effort!!

All my questions are now answered.  Parts are ordered. This is solved and ready to be closed.

HP Recommended

OK never mind @Grzwacz  hes decided. lol

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.