Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So today I try to use my computer and it goes on and then off and after trying to fix it myself by taking the ram out it starts making beeping sound I put the ram back and it still does I’m not the best with computers so I need help

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Pull one ram stick out then start the computer, if it starts up normally then put the second ram stick back in and it should start up fine.(if it doesn't then the second stick is either faulty or not properly seated.)

If when you restart with only 1 ram stick, if it beeps, replace it with the other ram stick and try to boot.

Please make sure to observe precautions of ram installation such as shutting PC off, unplugging power, touching metal inside the case to discharge static, hold ram by the edges, etc. this Link will help.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

My pc is having the same trouble I put put in new ram and it started making the beeping noises, I put in the old ram and it still made the beeping noises, I completely removed all of them and the pc still beeped, I’m a big gamer and really needed more ram to play better games please help me with this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.