• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

3 long beeps 2 short beeps

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So today I try to use my computer and it goes on and then off and after trying to fix it myself by taking the ram out it starts making beeping sound I put the ram back and it still does I’m not the best with computers so I need help

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 5
226 219 16 36
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pull one ram stick out then start the computer, if it starts up normally then put the second ram stick back in and it should start up fine.(if it doesn't then the second stick is either faulty or not properly seated.)

If when you restart with only 1 ram stick, if it beeps, replace it with the other ram stick and try to boot.

Please make sure to observe precautions of ram installation such as shutting PC off, unplugging power, touching metal inside the case to discharge static, hold ram by the edges, etc. this Link will help.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My pc is having the same trouble I put put in new ram and it started making the beeping noises, I put in the old ram and it still made the beeping noises, I completely removed all of them and the pc still beeped, I’m a big gamer and really needed more ram to play better games please help me with this.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation