Level 1
9 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

3 long beeps, 2 short ones after installing new memory

HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-p0033w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Getting the 3 long and 2 short beeps...what can I do to correct this? I went back in to check and make sure everything was back in the right place and the memory was seated properly. Closed up the case and the same thing happens again... **AT MY WITS END!!*

1 REPLY 1
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
5,698 5,630 619 2,371
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
I may not have understood correctly, have you tried to replace the original modules?
There are many different documents, it is difficult to find what exactly corresponds to certain models of computers, but it seems to correspond to this:

Hardware
The embedded controller has timed out waiting for BIOS to return from memory initialization.
Indicates potential memory failure.
  1. Reseat memory.
  2. Correct memory configuration (correct DIMM placement and size/type matching).
  3. Test with known good memory.
  4. Replace affected component.

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation