Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Stream 11-y010wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So I've been trying for the last few hours to try and fix the Please insert an operating system into hard disk issue. I've tried everything f10 defaults, f2 tests, can't find optaine setting my computer either so this has been frustrating. Also have tried the hold down the power for 15 seconds since my computer doesn't have a removable battery. I even tried to switch legacy mode but that just made it say no operating system available insert it. 

I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this issue. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If you go into diags (keep tapping F2 when you turn the laptop on) and run the HDD tests, does it pass/fail the tests? or does it say 'no hdd installed'?

Sounds like either hdd (32GB eMMC) has been totally wiped so there's not even a partition on it, or the system is no longer detecting the hdd. Legacy/UEFI settings in BIOS could also do this, but sounds like you've already tried that.

The eMMC storage in this laptop is soldered to the mainboard, so a faulty 'hdd' requires an entire motherboard replacement.

Try the diags and let me know what it says.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.