Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On my HP Z210 CMT I have installed a new PSU (with an adapter) which has been working, alongside an RX580. Installed the setup 4 days ago, no problems. 

Today whilst gaming, the whole pc crashed. Once I powered it on, 6 beeps has been coming out of the pc with no display.

i have tested the pc with my old gtx960 which has been working, now I’m im inclined to think it’s the AMD card although the crash came out of nowhere

any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There's some kind of problem with it.

What that would be, I do not know.

If you reinstall it and the PC starts beeping again, I would have to say you doubly confirmed the AMD card is no good.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

6 Beeps does mean a video adapter problem.

So if you swapped the card with the gtx 960 and it is working, then you are correct in your assumption that the AMD card has died on you.

Sometimes electronics just go' poof' without any prior indications/warnings, just like an incandescent lightbulb does.

HP Recommended

So the AMD gpu is a defect then? 

But once powered on the lights on the “sapphire” light up( i don’t know if this is relevant to the situation sorry) would that indicate that there’s a chance it could be still working?

HP Recommended

There's some kind of problem with it.

What that would be, I do not know.

If you reinstall it and the PC starts beeping again, I would have to say you doubly confirmed the AMD card is no good.

HP Recommended

bummer, I guess I’d have to replace it

thanks for your time anyway

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.