Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0013nl
Microsoft Windows 11

hello after upgrade bios to F57 from windows upgrade my pc freeze at first boot up or does't want power off.

i see more person have same problem but, bios downgrade isn't possible with sp141607.exe file

i need F55 bios rev A in .bin format to reflash with external SPI programmer, or a fix to downgrade at F55 bios with *.exe upgrade file

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Floriano1 

This may be the only contact point in the HP consumer Forum at this time. Cannot go through all details in this response. The details are at this Link.

A quick synopsis:

The details provided by @pcgraphix work if you carefully follow the instructions.

It would not be possible to provide the .bin file. The .bin file is contained within the extracted 14,546 KB HP 08433F55.exe file which is readable and executable using the Aptio V AMI Firmware Update Utility. Used 7Zip to extract HP sp141607 to obtain the folder containing 08433F55.exe. The extracted file contains the HP WINGUI64 update executable and the BIOS .bin files.

Aptio must be added to the Hiren's boot media which is required to boot the PC, if you have video and USB I/O. The auf/aufwin/64/AfuWin64 subfolder contains the AFUWINGUI64.exe to flash the BIOS. You need other remediation if the PC is a "brick". Possibly Serial ISP programming to fix the BIOS or replace the MB.

The HP 08433F55.exe file should be stored on the Hiren's boot media in the same folder where Aptio AFUWINGUIx64.exe is located. You have to decide where to insert Aptio on the Hiren's boot media. Then copy 08433F55.exe from the source to the same location on the Hiren's boot media. This entire procedure is very complex. Aptio will read the HP 08433F55 executable and will flash the BIOS if you follow instructions.

Consult a local PC Tech if in doubt.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.