Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I need your help.

I need to enable the option of the AC Power Loss from BIOS but I am not able to find it. I have seen, in another forum, that it exists because the person who asked for that, found it!! I have an HP Pavilion x360, could you help me? Is there the necessity to upgrade BIOS?

Forum's link I have read is: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/No-AC-Power-loss-option-in-the-Bios/td-p/75005....

Thank you very much for the attention.

Daniele

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Daniele_06

Welcome to the HP support community.

Modify Power settings inside your BIOS.

1. Power On your computer and press "F10" to enter BIOS (CMOS) setup utility.
(The way to enter into BIOS Settings depends on the computer manufacturer).

2. Inside BIOS menu, look under the following menus to find for a setting named “Restore on AC/Power Loss” or “AC Power Recovery” or "After Power Loss".

Advanced” or “ACPI” or "Power Management Setup". *

* Note: The “Restore on AC/Power Loss” setting can be found under different places inside BIOS setup according to computer manufacturer.

3.  Set the “Restore on AC/Power Loss” setting to “Power On”.

4. Save and exit from BIOS settings.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good afternoon and thanks for responding.

Unfortunately I did not solve the problem because I am not able to find the option I am looking for. Here you can see pictures of my BIOS

IMG_20210308_145131.jpg

IMG_20210308_145006.jpg

IMG_20210308_145001.jpg

IMG_20210308_144952.jpg

HP Recommended

@Daniele_06

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.