Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 570
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Assistant suggested I update the Bios on my perfectly functioning desktop Model 570, and I foolishly did. Now my computer won't load Windows 10, won't let me get to the Startup screen, etc.

I have tried holding down the Windows and B key and then pressing down on the power button for 3 seconds, but keep getting to a screen (photo attached) which at the bottom of the screen tells me to press the Escape Key to enter Startup...but nothing happens after I press Escape.

I have tried starting the computer and pressing down on the various Function keys as the computer boots up...and got the same results.

Lastly I created a USB recovery flash drive with the most recent Bios on it, inserted it into my HP desktop, and turned the power on. Same result -- a screen telling me to press Esc to get to the Start up screen.

All this becaue the HP Assistant told me to updte my Bos, and I did. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Thanks.IMG_6435.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi

Can you please give the full model number, or SKU.

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 82F2)

F.25 Rev.A9.2 MBMar 1, 2018Download

The above does not match your screen display, the date differs.

So the MainBoard SSID is 82F2 which does match, so where did you download your version from?

Please understand I am still trying to understand what may have happened.

HP Recommended

Hi. The model number is Pavilion 570-p017c. Product number is Z5M32AAR#ABA

I don't know where the HP Assistant got its file to automatically update and crash my computer, but I created the USB bios flash drive using a file at the HP website named sp85590.exe.

That file created a usb recovery bios drive. I put it into my desktop, turned the power on, and the HP logo appeared on the screen and just stayed there. After 30 minutes of screen inactivity I hit Esc, and the same creen appeared that I uploaded earlier. 

HP Recommended

Hi

BIOS

Version:  F.25 Rev.A

Operating systems:  Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date:  Mar 1, 2018

File name:sp85590.exe  (9.2 MB)

Description:

This package provides an update to the HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS (ROM Family 82F2) for supported models running a supported operating system.  Fix and enhancements: - Provides improved security.

With a release date of the 1st of March 2018, your screenshot showing the 23rd of February 2018 confuses me.

So have you tried again with the 'latest' version?
Can you explain the date difference?
HP Recommended

Hi. Thank you for your continuing efforts to help me. Since I wrote you last I cleared the CMOS by moving the pins on the motherboard and then moving them back, and also (again) created a bios flash drive.

After clearing the CMOS, I turned on the computer...all I got was the HP logon on a screen.

I turned off the computer, put the bios flash drive in, and turned on the computer. Same result.

I turned off the computer, did the Win-B key combo, pressed the power button 3 seconds, and continued to hold Win-B until I heard 8 beeps. I released the keys, and got the screen that I screenshooted for you earlier.

Sigh....

Frank

HP Recommended

> With a release date of the 1st of March 2018, your screenshot showing the 23rd of February 2018 confuses me.

I think that the BIOS update passed through HP's "Quality Assurance" code-review on February 23,

and was posted to the HP web-site about 6 days later, namely on March 1.

Is that unusual?

HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

"While pressing those keys, press and hold the Power button on the notebook for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows logo key and the B or V key until the HP BIOS update screen displays or you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

The HP BIOS Update screen displays, and the BIOS update begins automatically. This might take several minutes, and you might hear additional beeping sounds.

If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display after repeated attempts, your notebook might not support this function, or there might be a hardware problem preventing the tool from opening.

Skip to the next step to Contact HP Customer Support."

You have done everything, and more than I can suggest, to try and rectify the problem.

I am at a loss to understand the problem, and have to concede that it may be a hardware problem.

HP Recommended
It’s hard to believe that a hardware problem began at the exact same instant I tried to do a software bios update suggested by HP Assistant
HP Recommended
As Terry Pratchett might say..

It's those million to one chances that come up nine times out of ten.
HP Recommended

did u get any reply from anyone?

im getting the same results as u....

i tried all help, i even paid for HP tech. but i still find myself at the same screen u posted..

anyone suggested u with a good answer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.