Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2711x 27-inch Diagonal LED Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I pressed the menu button located on the opposite end of the power button underneath my Hp monitor screen for a non related reason. Anyway after doing so I scrolled with the - and + button options in the menu and selected Factory reset. iv also clicked the button with the inscription OK on the bottom edge of my monitor, and selected Image Control of then selecting Auto-Adjustment all of which trying to resolve the unrelated issue i just brought up, now every time my computer restarts of a reboot I get a few second pop up window that said "Auto-Adjustment in progress and my screen shakes for a second as well I have tried of endless research and attempts by others of online on video & forum with no success of removing this from appearing on every reboot could anyone experienced in this matter inform me the actions to get this eradicated?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Windows is trying to set the vertical & horizontal resolution of your monitor, and your monitor is adjusting itself to those specifications, as it should, if those resolution settings are compatible with your monitor.

Can you tell Windows to use the "default" resolution of the monitor?

HP Recommended

Your not understanding my computer has never done this before so this is not normal behavior this is something i accidentally commenced and i need it reversed! Also how do I select default resolution on my monitor? Im already on the recommended one of 1920 x 1800

HP Recommended

Your [sic] not understanding

You're not explaining well-enough to be understood.

my computer has never done this before so this is not normal behavior

OK.

> this is something i accidentally commenced and i need it reversed!

OK.

Also how do I select default resolution on my monitor?

What manufacturer and model-number is your monitor? 

Does it have a few buttons to activate/control the OSD ("On Screen Display"), such as:

1. Activate/Exit
  2. Up/Down
  3. OK
  4. Return (to previous screen)

> Im [sic] already on the recommended one of 1920 x 1800

Are you sure that the "1800" is correct? Is your monitor approximately "square" in physical shape, or more likely a "16 by 9" proportion?

Have you set that resolution within Windows?  What other choices for resolution does Windows offer?

HP Recommended

@KytinMacabre -- within Windows, what is the "screen resolution" ?  Something like:

Capture.JPG

What happens if you select "recommended", instead of a "custom" value, and then restart Windows?

What values does it then show?

After restarting your computer, does the monitor still display that "adjusting" message?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.