Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 6215UK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have an old Pavilion Desktop, 6215 UK, which I now use only to make back-ups of files. It has a Samsung SSD fitted and was working perfectly 6 month ago. On boot up , I get a blue screen with this message;

Recovery

There was a problem with a device connected to this PC

Error Code 0xc00000e9.

I have tried re seating the 4 RAM cards, and have run Scan Disk. When I run diagnostics  I get a BIOHD-5 error

Can anyone advise on how to clear this issue

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A BIOHD-5 error usually means you have HDD failure.

How many disks do you have in this system? It looks like the boot disk has failed.

Do you backup data? You may lose some data on this disk.

You may be able to grab data on this disk. This depends on the condition of the disk.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for the prompt reply, the HDD is the C Drive and there is another Drive. I do back-up, but I would be interested to know can the data be recovered if it is failing. I run the PC Doctor and it reported the following;

Disk 0 / linear Verify

Disk 0 Inner / Outer Surface Read failed.

The SSD is approx. 2 years old and I thought I would get longer life out of a Samsung  SSD 840

HP Recommended

Hi Agh55,

You're very welcome.

It is very unusual to see a Samsung SSD fail this quick. I have many 2.5 inch Samsung SSDs, some disks are running for about four years.

I usually connect the SSD to a SATA to USB adapter (Link to examples at Amazon). Using Sabrent, they are inexpensive and have worked well.

Mount the disk as a data disk. Then see if I can copy data to a different PC or external backup disk.

I use this adapter to store OS image backups on older 2.5 inch Samsung SSDs because I have moved to M.2 NVME disks for primary storage.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.