Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart 610-1180qd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a used 610-1180qd and it posts fine with the CPU and RAM showing correctly. I added a known working boot drive and it gave me the BIOHD3 error. I replaced with another known working drive and get the same error. 

If I try to reinstall windows from a thumb drive I get the sequence in the pictures. Black screen with windows logo (but the little dash in the top left corner blinking). Then it goes blue (no, not BSOD) and the dash is still there blinking and after a minute the PC shuts down.

If I test the HW I get what is on the bottom of the attached image. Again, this happens for both drives. Any thoughts? 
BIOHD3.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

BIOHD3 error. 

I cannot view your image -- this forum's moderators have not yet "approved" the image.

Does your computer have 3 or 4 SATA sockets on the motherboard?

Are the sockets labelled "1 / 2 / 3 / 4" or "0 / 1 / 2 / 3" ?

Is your SATA cable connected to the "HD3" socket?

Enter BIOS SETUP.

There may be a check-mark for each of the SATA sockets, telling the computer whether to DEMAND that a disk-drive (or CD/DVD) is connected to the "HD3" socket. Remove the check-mark(s), leaving only the one check-mark that aligns with the SATA socket that you are using, and a check-mark that aligns with the CD/DVD, if your computer has such a device.

HP Recommended

The motherboard does but it is an AIO. Very difficult to tell if it is in that port or not. However, the Windows Boot drive doesn't even get to the setup. 

More info on the motherboard - https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-touchsmart-610-1100-desktop-pc-series/5080777/model/5117798/...

HP Recommended

The web-page that you cite lists:

2x SATA connectors 2.0
1x SATA power header (HDD)
1x SATA power/combination header (ODD)

i.e., two SATA II (not SATA III) sockets, with power cables.  So, any reference to "HD3" is confusing, to me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.