Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline s5503w
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello all !

After a taking care of a nasty nasty virus infection I have decided to freshen up my system with a new clean hardrive and also wishing to reflash my bios.

Problem is, when I get on the HP Support page for my machine, there is no BIOS listings shown.

Could someone point me to where I can download the bios for my machine?

Here is the particulars.

Pavilion Slimline  s5503w

Product Number  BQ464AA-ABL

Build  A1NAv6PrA8

BIOS Ver. 5.58   03/16/2010

Code Ver. 6

Hope someone can help !

Andrew

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

I checked under both the W7 and Vista driver pages and there are no BIOS updates for your PC.

There isn't anything we can do to help if HP never released any BIOS updates.

If they did, one would show up on the support page.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

And thank you for your response.

Yes, I did the same looking as you did and found no listing for the bios, though I will say that there is a pop up about the website being somewhat under construction...So to speak, therefor I am still hopeful.

I can not, for the life of me, think that a company that manufactures computers would not archive on an FTP server some where in redundant fashion  All the necessary drivers/hp programs/bios for the computers they manufacture in case folks who have purchased their products may need them at some later date....

To not do so would be very irresponsible, and I do not think HP is irresponsible.

What is the size of a bios? 1 maybe 5 megs tops?

A copy of bios for every model they have manufactured over the years would not even fill up a single $500 Terra byte hard drive, truly.

No, I would rather think that all the bios's are living somewhere on HP servers, and I just need to be give the correct url to their FTP site, to download the original bios....I'm not looking for any upgrade, just the original one.

Dealing with other computer manufacturers over the years, bios's were always made available as a download if needed and in many cases, all versions from the first to the last build available.

Again, I think HP would be at least shoulder to should with what everyone else offers.

That being said, I hope an HP rep. can chime in and help out.

If you need any further information from me, just ask !

Andrew

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.