Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 570-p015z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While upgrading BIOS my power went out. Now I get nothing and tried alsmost everything to get bios redone. None of mhy usb ports work and all I get is a flashing powerr button. Any suggestions?

I have a Willow2 Motherboard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

😯So sorry to hear that - you must have completely 'bricked' the PC, which is sometimes a risk you take with BIOS updates. Good luck in fixing your machine..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Have you tried recovering the BIOS using a USB drive and a downloaded copy of the BIOS file? There is a video on Youtube HERE  and HP Support article HERE  which detail the process on an HP laptop - perhaps it might work on a desktop too? I hope it works because interrupting a BIOS update/flash usually results in a 'bricked' PC.. 😢

HP Recommended

All USB Ports are dead (No Power). CD/DVD Writer also dead. Harddrive is dead also. (starts to initiate then quits). All other ports are dead also. All fans work and you can hear the CPU whine.

I am starting thing my motherboard is fried.

HP Recommended

I am just going to replace the motherboard which I dread that thought. Not cheap and I don't have the extra money to do it now.

HP Recommended

😯So sorry to hear that - you must have completely 'bricked' the PC, which is sometimes a risk you take with BIOS updates. Good luck in fixing your machine..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.