Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G2 MT
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Great!

I've been working on BIOS Recovery for the HP ProDesk 400 G2 MT with MS-7860 Ver 1.2 motherboard for over 48 hours now and the process isn't successful.

I downloaded the BIOS executable from HP Software and Drivers download site, extracted the file, copied the contents of the DOS Flash folder and BIOS image file to a freshly prepared USB Key Drive (Kingston 8GB). Formatted drive using FAT32 and named the volume HP_TOOLS. Created /Hewlette-Packard/BIOS/Current and /HP/BIOS/Current directories. Placed all the contents of DOS Flash folder on the root of USB Drive including BIOS image file. Also copied BIOS image files and .cpu file to Current directory. 

Whenever I try to flash BIOS ROM using BIOS Recovery Enronment, everything get stuck on 0%. I've run this for over 12 hours and nothing happened.

HP ProDesk 400 G2 MT with 4GB RAM. My USB Drive is 8GB. What could be the problem please?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

Maybe I'm mis-reading....

HP ProDesk 400 G2 Microtower PC   W8.1

HP Business Desktop System BIOS (L02)

00.02.52 Rev.A15.9 MBJan 31, 2018Download

But the MotherBoard SSID is different?

Win 7 32 has these.....

Business Desktops BIOS Utilities

5.03 Rev.B0.4 MBJun 5, 2014Download

HP Business Desktop System BIOS (L02)

00.02.52 Rev.A15.9 MBJan 31, 2018Download
HP Recommended
Thanks a lot CF4. I appreciate your help.

But I've downloaded all these files, tried them (BIOS images) and I didn't succeed. I tried to copy the BIOS images from another computer (same model HP ProDesk 400 G2 MT) and I didn't succeed.

I suspect that the problem is PC RAM size/USB drive size. PC RAM is 4GB and USB is 8GB. What do you think about this? Isn't it possible to use large USB flash drives for BIOS flashing? I'm currently looking for a USB of 256MB to try but not possible near me. I may have to order one from amazon.com.
HP Recommended

NO

The point was perhaps too polite or too subtle.

SSID WiFi Born On.png

My BIOS SSID is 8130 and you didn't / haven't posted yours, so maybe you have the wrong thing.

You say  MS-7860 Ver 1.2 which is what?

The BIOS download I pointed out was for an  L02 main Board.

IF the SSID don't match; don't bother.

SO start by Giving the full model of the PC, SKU preferably,  and then the BOARD SSID.

The BIOS version is also shown, ESC + F1.

Then when all of that matches we can try and see our way forward.

HP Recommended
Yeah But this computer isn't working. It's just flashing Red over the power button and beeping 8 times. 8 short beeps that indicate corrupt or bad BIOS program, according to HP.

I can't do the ESC + F1 keys because there's no POST.

MS-7860 very 1.2 is written on the board itself. I checked HP website to see its specs but I couldn't find this board. I understand that MSI is the manufacturer but no any information from MSI.

I'll check the SKU from the casing and send you. But again this doesn't guarantee that I'm getting the board SSID. What do you think please?
HP Recommended

PSX_20180426_220147.jpg

HP Recommended

Mainboard ID is: 198E and the BIOS is L02 2.18 5/9/2014

We have about 5 Desktop PCs of HP ProDesk 400 G2 MT. 

I checked the mainboard ID on of of the functional PCs. 

Thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.