Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello HP Forum

Background: So I downloaded Halo Infinite and right off the bat i was faced with the infamous "graphics device" error. Although i could play the game just fine for a day, it started crashing. I found out that i can fix the error by accessing the graphics settings through BIOS (im supposed to adjust something about VRAM there)

Now when Ì boot up and press F10 as instructed, I do end up in BIOS setup BUT it seems to be a heavily dumbed down version where a ton of settings are straight up missing (the tabs are located on the upper border of the screen and are as follows: File, Storage, Security, Power, Advanced).

Because of that I cannot access any major BIOS settings and i think i might need that in the future besides video games.

Any suggestions on what i can do?

My PC is a HP Omen btw

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, HP provides a limited BIOS.

You have an Omen PC so you should have a Nvidia or AMD graphics card. I don't see why you would need to change a BIOS setting in this instance.

Have you checked Nvidia Control panel or AMD Control Center to see if you can correct the problem?

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I saw a couple guides that suggest increasing the dedicated memory towards VRAM and that could solve the crashing problem. And that was supposed to be done in the BIOS.

I ordered a new graphics card anyway, but I'll always be puzzled why some products of the exact same products line (HP Omen in this instance) get less access to their options. My post was more about that.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

HP and other OEMs limit BIOS tweaking options to reduce warranty fulfillment caused by user error.

Your Omen should have a discrete graphics card. Video memory errors would be caused by this card because you are not using onboard graphics. Having a BIOS setting to allocate more system RAM to VRAM would not solve your problem if you are using a Nvidia or AMD graphics card.

A new graphics card having more VRAM should correct this error. 

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.