Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello everyone.

I hope someone can help me.

I currently have an all in one computer, its model is 24-g209la, what has happened to me is that I was updating its BIOS when I had a power outage which caused damage to the BIOS and now my pc does not boot with the message:

"BIOS CORRUPTION HAS BEEN DETECTED, BIOS RECOVERY WILL BEGIN AUTOMATICALLY WHEN U RESTART YOUR PC.
BIOS RECOVERY WILL TAKE SEVERAL MINUTES
DO NOT SHUTDOWN OR REMOVE EXTERNAL POWER FROM YOUR PC DURING THIS PROCESS."

And currently it stays in a cycle repeating this over and over again.

And tried to remove the CMOS battery, I tried the Windows + V and Windows + B key combination and nothing happened.
I have also tried booting with a USB to recover the BIOS but I keep getting this message.

Will anyone have a solution for this?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ziessel wrote
:And tried to remove the CMOS battery, I tried the Windows + V and Windows + B key combination and nothing happened  I have also tried booting with a USB to recover the BIOS but I keep getting this messag

It seems like you have done all that is possible to recover the bios.  You could try step #3 again or let someone else try it in case you did a step wrong.

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/ish_3966820-3438449-16

I looked at a picture of your motherboard and did not see a connector that allows programming the bios using a programming tool. 

You options are limited

Send in for repair after getting an estimate

1) Click on this link -
https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web form and proceed further.

Salvage what you can and sell the motherboard as parts only

Attach the old hard drive to your new computer to obtain important documents.

Replace motherboard

go here and put in your serial number and look up the exact motherboard number.  For example (i am guessing)

BeemerBiker_0-1653832298421.png

You can then lookup the motherboard part number here or google for it if it is not available at the HP store.

It seems you have the Hawaii-KU motherboard which ranges from 100 to 250 USD as shown here

My $0.02 opinion is to buy a replacement within your budget and copy what you can from the old hard drive,   You can then sell the parts from the old system.  You can probably get more if you disassemble and sell the pieces.  The 24 inch display is usually worth a lot to someone who has a working system but damaged their display.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

In the third step I can not really access any boot menu to change the boot priority, it directly directs me to that BIOS corruption error message, I have tried Windows + B, F2, F10, F12 and it does not change the route, directly to the problem.

From the outset, to be clearer, the keyboard does not recognize me because it does not turn on the CAPS button or the Num button.

I have the usb converted to USB FLASH to do the recovery but as I said I can't access anything...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.