Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G3 Mini

Hello All,

I picked up this little EliteDesk at a flea market. No OS On the hard disk but won't boot from USB stick or USB optical drive. BIOS has a password on it so I don't see how to change the boot options/order.

I tried holding down the CMOS reset button for 10 seconds with or without the power cord plugged in, and with or without the CMOS battery installed and I tried what I think is the default bios password of admin but that isn't it.

I tried tapping F11 when booting for recovery but nothing happens.

How can I reset this little PC so I can try to put an OS on it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the link to the service manual for the model series.

Please refer to chapter 8 starting on page 104 for how to clear the BIOS P/W.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05381695

Since this manual covers the MT, SFF and Mini G3's I don't know if your model has this feature.

If not, you will have to contact HP technical support for further assistance.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the link to the service manual for the model series.

Please refer to chapter 8 starting on page 104 for how to clear the BIOS P/W.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05381695

Since this manual covers the MT, SFF and Mini G3's I don't know if your model has this feature.

If not, you will have to contact HP technical support for further assistance.

HP Recommended

Thanks I will read through this and report back!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Well I still cannot access the BIOS because it is still asking for a password I do not know but I tried a different USB stick that has a bootable installer for Linux Mint and booted with that inserted - and I am installing Linux now, so thanks much!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.