Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0057c

Hi, I recently tried to wipe my computer in order to fix computer problems such as not being able to windows update and mouse not working on desktop(mouse worked with my laptop, so concluded it was not the mouse). After the screen was stuck in a loop for about 15 hours, so decided to power off computer completely and restart. When computer boots, a message occurs saying "your PC  ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." The stop code included is: NTFS_File_System. After, the monitor goes black, and the PC beeps 2 long beeps and 2 short beeps. Then a blinking power light follows for the rest. Solutions I have tried include: BIOS rollback, the solution that includes pressing the windows key and "b" at the same time, and also pressing the windows key and "v" at the same time. Also tried to hard reset my computer once again from the troubleshoot menu. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be much appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

It is not clear what the current state of your system is.

If you tap ESC after powering on can you run HP diagnostics?

If so, please make at least one pass to verify the disk drive is good.

If the drive is good we can try to recover the operating system else re-install it.

Please provide your Product ID including the 3 letters after the # sign.

Got here  and see if cloud recovery is available for your system

https://d34z73bbtpzgej.cloudfront.net/

Report back.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

My product ID is #ABA, will try your solution now, thanks!

HP Recommended

If your product ID is 3LA35AA#ABA then you COULD restore your HP system from the cloud

BeemerBiker_0-1664353627219.png

the tool:  https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9mtks9pr7r3n

I have never done this but I understand it requires a 32gb USB flash drive

Instructions are here https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4511095-4511141-16

the above is ONLY a last resort. You must confirm that your system passes diagnostics and you should make an attempt to recover the existing operation system first, as explained earlier.

HP Recommended

Hi, I ran the diagnostics extensive test and everything passed. My product ID is 3LA35AAR#ABA, not 3LA35AA#ABA. I looked up the product ID in cloud recovery and it does not seem to be available. Please explain what I could do now.

HP Recommended

Being able to run diagnostics indicates your system is OK although the OS on the disk is corrupted.  By corrupted I mean you tried to do a windows reset and it failed to install.

Please try that cloud recover tool for the 3LA35AA#ABA product code.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9mtks9pr7r3n

The 3LA35AA is listed as the product ID for your system as shown here.  Expand "Product release information"

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-590-p0000i/37730885/model/21299366/docum...

Even if 3LA35AA#ABA does not exactly match your system I suspect it is better than doing a windows 10 (or 11) reset as Microsoft's reset tools do not have access to specialized drivers that HP may have on your system.

Instructions are here https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4511095-4511141-16

I have never done this HP cloud restore.  I have read that a 32gb flash is needed and the computer that you use to help create the recovery needs to be window 7 or later.

[EDIT] Corrected code error:  Product code started with 3 not S

HP Recommended

From a discussion with the expert @Prométhée  the "R" in 3LA35AAR#ABA possibly means refurbished or renewed as shown below from amazon vendor

BeemerBiker_0-1664624135563.png

When asking for cloud recovery use only 3LA35AA#ABA when asked for your product id

do not use the "R" one.

HP Recommended

hi

indeed @BeemerBiker  , but I hadn't read the topic.
Unfortunately, if there is still this problem

"nd the PC beeps 2 long beeps and 2 short beeps. Then a blinking power light follows for the rest. Solutions I have tried include: BIOS rollback, the solution that includes pressing the windows key and "b" at the same time, and also pressing the windows key and "v" at the same time. Also tried to hard reset my computer once again from the troubleshoot menu. Nothing seems to work."
I'm afraid it won't work

The red light blinks twice, and then two, short white light blinks (2 long red, 2 short white)

This condition indicates that the main area (DXE) of the BIOS has become corrupted and no recovery binary image is available. It can also occur when updating the BIOS.

1. Allow the system to complete its updates and any changes.

2. Attempt Sure Start Recovery if the updates are not installing as expected.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.