Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 570-p014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I did a BIOS update that failed, and my computer will not boot.  Nothing appears on the screen.  I attempted all the steps on this page: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04126730

The last was to contact support, which I am not able to do since it is not under warranty.  I am wondering what the next step would be.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You are between a rock and a hard place. You could pull the MB CR2032 battery, let the PC sit for a while, and hope for the best. A bad BIOS update with no recovery option is really bad news.

HP Part Surfer (Link) does not have a replacement MB listed for purchase at this site. I guess HP could replace the motherboard if you pay for this service.

You could check online at various retailers such as Amazon or Newegg. Or try Ebay.

You may have a W10 activation problem if you happen to find an exact HP replacement MB for your system.

Regards

HP Recommended

2B55D6DB-9FBC-41E8-9943-D5FCD41E617D.jpeg

This has been on for about 2-3mounths and it’s on with a loading screen and I’ve also did all the tests and no problem from there what do I do??

HP Recommended

Hi Mobber1,

I am looking at your image.

Your problem has nothing to do with this post. Start a new thread.

I have never seen this specific metadata cache error before. It saying the operating system did not shut cleanly.

Did you have a power outage or pull the power plug when the PC was running?

Tap "ESC" at boot to see if you can get to the BIOS.

You may have to reinstall the operating system. 

Do you back up data regularly?

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.