Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@rm2d2

The Thimpu motherboard is  part number 799926-601.

The Thimpu-K motherboard is part number 799926-602.

Looks like HP made a motherboard change for the "K" Kabylake processors.

These two motherboards share the same SSID and appear to be the same from the posted motherboard images yet the part numbers are different.

FYI

@krzemien

@REO51ST  ------right on:smileyhappy:

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

It would be rather lame of HP to not roll-out a BIOS update to support Kaby Lake on the Thimphu motherboard. Clearly the Z170 chipset supports the 7th gen processors, no pinout change, thermal envelope is adequate, the components on the motherboard are adequate (else Thimpbu-K would have changed).

Else I (& presumably others) may just have to get another motherboard & say adieu to HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.