Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
All In One

Got beep code 3.2, held power button with power adapter unpluged fro 10 seconds, didn't solve. Removed memory and replced with known good memory, still get 3.2 beep code.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings DocBoc,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

You could have a memory slot problem if you replaced the existing memory with a known good compatible memory stick.

Did you try this good stick of RAM in each memory slot? Try one good stick of memory in each memory slot. Boot the PC with one stick of memory in one memory slot. Then move this memory stick to the next slot. Boot the PC again.

Give the memory slots a quick shot of compressed air before reseating the memory in each memory slot again. Then let the system sit for awhile before trying the known good memory again.

Regards

HP Recommended

@DocBoc

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an HP all in one computer and it does not boot up. Fabulous diagnostics, spectacular analysis of the issue by you. Kudos to you for that. You have done a remarkable job in troubleshooting this issue. 

What is the exact computer model number. This link will help in finding the model number: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01492484

Did this issue start after an update (like a BIOS update) or did any hardware changes take place on the computer?

While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Press and hold the power button of the computer to power it off.
  • Disconnect all devices from the computer and also disconnect the power cable from it. 
  • Press and hold the power button on the computer for 10 seconds and then release it.
  • Reconnect, the keyboard, mouse and the power cable and power on the computer.

If the issue persists then please attempt to recover the BIOS by following the steps mentioned in "Recovering the BIOS using key press combination" from this HP document.

Hope this information helps.Let me know how it goes. 

Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Tried everything in your email. Still get 3.2 beep. Bios must me corupted. Found motherboard on ebay and purchased it for the fix. Thanks for all your help.

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding. I tried your suggestion, but still have same symptom. I tried troubleshooting tips suggested by another tech and still no luck. I found a replacement motherboard and ordered it. I think the bios is totally corrupted. Again, thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi DocBoc,

You're very welcome.

Have fun installing the new MB.

Take your time and enjoy the build.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.