Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Slimline s5-1110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey y'all, I have an older machine here with a bios update from 2012 and I was looking to upgrade my cpu. I upgraded the OS from windows 7 and I was wondering if this update might brick my pc?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The only BIOS update available from HP is applicable to Windows 7. I would not try this BIOS update when using Windows 10.

Your PC supports the following processor upgrades, the i7-2600 at 95 watts TDP is the max (Link😞

Core i7-2600 (Sandy Bridge) quad core
95W
Core i7-2600s (Sandy Bridge) quad core
65W
Core i5-2500 (Sandy Bridge) quad core
95W
Core i5-2500s (Sandy Bridge) quad core
65W
Core i5-2500t (Sandy Bridge) quad core
45W
Core i5-2400 (Sandy Bridge) quad core
95W
Core i5-2400s (Sandy Bridge) quad core
65W
Core i5-2390t (Sandy Bridge) quad core
35W
Core i5-2300 (Sandy Bridge) quad core
95W
Core i3-2120 (Sandy Bridge) dual core
65W
Core i3-2100 (Sandy Bridge) dual core
65W
Core i3-2100t (Sandy Bridge) dual core
35W
Core G860 dual core
65W
Core G850 dual core
65W
Core G630 dual core
65W
Core G540 dual core
65W
Core G530 dual core

Regards

HP Recommended

Be very careful, I just bricked my HP Pavillion by using a BIOS that the HP identification tool said I could use on my computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.