Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-068
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

image.jpg

As title says, I was connecting my VR to my PC when my mouse and keyboard stopped working. This usually happens, so I did the usual and turned off the PC by pressing the button on the top of it. And then turning it back on. I was greeted with a blue box saying - Boot Device Not Found. Now, I’ve run all the diagnostic tests, each coming back successfully. I have no clue what is wrong and why this is happening. If anyone could provide insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@unluckyuser

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Procedure 1: Run diagnostics to rule out other hard drive issues

1. Start or restart the computer.
  2. Press F2 repeatedly during startup to enter the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility.
  3. Select Component Tests > Hard Drive > Quick Test.
  4. Select drive C:.
  5. Click Run Once.
  6. Once the test completes, results are displayed on the screen.

If the drive passes all tests, continue to Procedure 2.
    If the drive fails any of the tests, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) and contact HP Customer Support for further assistance.

Procedure 2: Ensure Legacy Support, under Boot Options, is DISABLED

NOTE: If legacy boot support is enabled, you will NOT be able to see the Intel Optane entry as described in Procedure 3.

1. Start or restart the computer.
  2. Press F10 repeatedly during startup to enter the BIOS configuration utility.
  3. Check Legacy Support and disable if it is enabled:
    Security > Secure Boot Configuration > Press F10 to accept when prompted > Legacy Support
    or
    Boot Options > Legacy Support
  4. If Legacy Support is DISABLED, skip to Procedure 3Step 3.
    If Legacy Support is ENABLED, change it to DISABLED, save changes and exit.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01443463 to complete the troubleshooting steps. Boot Device Not Found Error or Hard Drive Not Detected

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.