Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I turn on my PC. I get a blue screen. It says Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk . .My pc is only 2yrs old .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just finished downloading the Windows10 boot media from the link you sent me .

Took about 1 hour to get my system working as good as new

All my programs were still on my hard drive . and they're all working. just had to setup windows and I'm now using my pc again. 

Thanks for your help.

I'm very happy, Reuben

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Run HP Diagnostics (Link).

Start the PC. Tap "ESC".

Then select "F2".

Choose System Tests.

It would not hurt to dissemble the chassis and check connections to the HDD.

Regards

HP Recommended

I ran the diagnostics.

the hard disk tested ok with long test. I will open up the case to check connections. will let you know what I find. Thanks

HP Recommended

not quite sure how to get in . I don't see any screws

HP Recommended

I checked the hard disk connections .they are all ok.

still getting same screen.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The hardware test you ran says you're okay but you get a blue screen error message. Physical connections to the drive look good. Is the blue screen a BIOS blue screen or a Windows startup error blue screen?

The cause has to be either a bad HDD or a Windows problem.

This site (Link) has many tips on troubleshooting Windows startup problems. You have to scroll down to or click on the No Desktop Access link for tips on creating Windows 10 installation media.

You can use this USB stick to troubleshoot Windows startup problems.

The HDD could be bad even though diagnostics tell you otherwise.

You may have to attempt data recovery on the drive if you can't fix Windows and you conclude the HDD is failing. You may have to replace the drive and reinstall Windows if you don't make Windows backup images.

I would restore a known good Windows backup image if you do make backups. This would fix the problem if the HDD is okay.

Regards

HP Recommended

it's a Bios Blue Screen.

I've ordered a new hard drive . it should be here today.

I'm also downloading Windows 10 UEFI boot media. 

I will let you know how things work out after I do the installs.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sounds good.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

I just finished downloading the Windows10 boot media from the link you sent me .

Took about 1 hour to get my system working as good as new

All my programs were still on my hard drive . and they're all working. just had to setup windows and I'm now using my pc again. 

Thanks for your help.

I'm very happy, Reuben

HP Recommended

i tried to partition the hard but i accidentally deleted the windows system and the boot so i got a black screen with text / boot device not found hit f2 / 3f0 i tried the order which i got on the screen but it doesn't work. any solution please  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.