Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 110-120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey so I was using my desktop and it just started all of a sudden freezing up and shutting down for about 3 weeks. Then it just wouldn't come on. I gave up for awhile and used my laptop. Then a few months later I try again and it comes on. But it says "Boot Device Not Found". I ran the HDD test, and Smart Check: Not Installed and Short DST Not installed. While reading some other posts, I saw this was a HDD issue. So I swapped out HDD's and Smart Check: Passed and Short DST: Passed. But my question is how do I get it to boot? I have no way to get into the Bios settings because it doesn't give me that option for some reason. Any responses are appreciated. Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
you replaced the hard drive, ok, but so the system (windows) has not been reinstalled?
To restart the pc if that's the problem, you have to install windows

if windows 10 was installed you can use the microsoft tool here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks for responding. I'm not very good with computers. I don't know how to put Windows 10 on my HDD because I can't access it. If I had access to the Motherboards boot settings, then I'd boot from my Flash drive. But I can't access it due to it not having that option. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

give model  product number please

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Very sorry for the late reply. 

Model number: 110-120

Product Number: F3D#ABA

HP 110 Desktop Series 

HP Recommended

Hello
sorry the reference is not complete.
But obviously no characteristic product page for this model obviously
I found only:

HP 110-120ev Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR)

HP 110-120hk Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR)

but it does not matter we find here all the information in order to know how to install windows, reinstall etc:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-110-100-desktop-pc-series/5395594/how-to

Installing Windows 10

Creating and Using a Microsoft Recovery USB Drive (Windows 10)

Performing an HP System Recovery

Removing and Replacing the Hard Drive in Compaq and HP 100-000 Desktop Series PCs

About UEFI and the Startup Menu

Configuring the Boot Order in the System BIOS

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.