Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Everytime I boot up my Desktop it gives me a black screen with a blue error box, 

"Boot Device Not Found"

Please Install an opportunity system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk - (3FO)

F2- SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS

What do I do? do i have to download windows on a hard drive and install it on the desktop? 

Someone Please Help 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Most often that message means the hard drive has failed.  To verify if that is true, run the Diagnostics routine.

To run the Diagnostics routine, Start tapping the Esc key BEFORE starting the PC and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick Diagnostics from that popup menu, F2.
Report back with the results.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

The options i have are

( MEMORY TEST )

( HARD DRIVE CHECK )

( LANGUAGE )

( EXIT) 

I ALREADY RAN A  QUICK HARD DRIVE CHECK AND THE RESULTS WAS THAT I PASSED BOTH SMART CHECK AND SHORT DST

"CURRENT VERSION 1.19.0.0 - BIOS

HP Recommended

Boot device not found error occurs when the hard disk does not support the system boot process. As it indicates, Windows OS can't find a bootable device to boot from. Usually, it can be an internal hard drive, external USB drive, optical CD/DVD ROM drive, and network adapter.

This May Help,

Peter

HP Recommended

Since the hard drive evidently is still working and not dead, has this system worked in the near past? 

Since this is a Windows 7 OS, is this an old install or is this a new attempt to install Windows 7 on PC.  It would be helpful if the model number was posted, since the hardware at this step is unknown to us.  Assuming there is not another hard drive or SSD present in the system, the existing hard drive seems to at least show in the Diagnostics.  What exactly is this drive:  model and make?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.