Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
X7S46UA

Boot Device not found 

please install an operating system on your hard disk

hard drive (3F0)

F2 diagnostics

i ran the two test that was available they both said passed I don’t know what to do next

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Brown33

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the "3f0" error.

Appreciate you trying the steps. Don’t worry, I’m here to help! To better assist you - Were there any hardware or software changes made? 

While you respond to that, let's try these steps -

Step 1 System Restore -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3) Press F11 once for System Recovery. 
4) Choose the Keyboard Layout. 
5) Click on Troubleshoot. 
6) Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Restore. 
7) Choose a Restore point or a Restore date when the computer was working fine. 
8) Click on OK to initialize the System Restore.

Step 2 System Recovery -

1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3) Press F11 once for System Recovery. 
4) Choose the Keyboard Layout. 
5) Click on Troubleshoot. 
6) Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery. 

Note : System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer. 

If the computer has a Win 10 operating system, you may also try creating a media creation tool.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi 

thank you for replying to my situation, so I pushed esc to get the start up menu once I press F11 it takes me back to the black screen with the error message

HP Recommended

Before all this I was trying to re start the factory settings because the laptop was freezing up

HP Recommended

@Brown33

Thanks for replying. Do you have a Recovery Media to re-install the operating system? 

You may also try to re-install the operating system using the Media Creating Tool

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.