Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq dc7900
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

As i switch on my computer I receive only the first boot screen with these information on bottom left

Hp Compaq dc7900 small form factor

<F9 Boot Menu><F10 Setup><F12 Network>

Then it stops there. I've tried to change keyboards USB and PS2, removing Cmos Battery, Disconecting everything but nothing new.

IMG_20180731_111214.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

>  HP Compaq dc7900 small form factor

> <F9 Boot Menu><F10 Setup><F12 Network>

With the computer powered-off, put one finger very lightly on the F10 key.

Power-on the computer, and immediately start tapping that F10 key -- do not wait for the "prompt" message.

Result?

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

Not yet, still the same problem.

HP Recommended

With only a PS/2 keyboard attached:

Power-on the computer, and immediately start tapping that F10 key -- do not wait for the "prompt" message.

With only a USB keyboard attached:

Results?

HP Recommended

Thanks, I tried with a PS2 keybord and instantly pressing F10 after power on. Am getting this message as shown in the picture that "Keyboard Error"

With F10 pressedWith F10 pressedThis also happen even if you've used a USB keyboard.

I tried to put a jumper as below but still nothing happenedIMG_20180810_104415.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.