Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 27-dp0170z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. Please, I'm looking for assistance.  I'm getting the blue screen of death when starting up:

• Boot Device Not Found
  • Please install an operating system on your hard drive
  • Hard Disk - (3FO)

I've run HP PC Hardware diagnostics UEFI on the drive. Results below:

Testing Drive: 1

Smart check: passed

Pass id 2187-04211-09756

Serial number (blank)

Current version: 2.2.1.0 - BIOS

Computer Specs:

Product #: 3UQ99AA#ABA

System board ID: 86F3

AMD Ryzen 5 3509U with Radeon Vega Mobile gfx

PROC SPEED 2100 MHZ

32GB TOTAL MEMORY

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.

-Cedric

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @CedH 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing a Hard disk related issue on your system. Do not worry, we are here to help you with it.

May I know if you have made any recent hardware or software-related changes to it?

Are you able to boot into the Operating System?

Please follow the steps suggested in the link below and let me know the outcome of it: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_3053911-2842957-16 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Sometimes I can boot & log in to the OS, but only for a few seconds before the blue screen "WHEA_Uncorrectable error" message appears.

Then, when the computer auto restarts, the blue screen with the "3F0" message appears.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I would suggest you run the hardware scan using the link I shared in my previous message. Once done, let me know the outcome if it.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

The computer shipped with a SSD drive (500 Gb) & a HDD drive (2 TB). Problem with the Hardware scan is it is seeing only the HDD hard drive (which is now listed as the C: drive)- and not the original boot drive (which was theSSD). Results below:

HP PC Hardware diagnostics UEFI

Testing Drive: 1

Smart check: passed

Pass id 2187-04211-09756

Serial number (blank)

Current version: 2.2.1.0 - BIOS

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I would suggest you perform a reset and check if the issue persists. Here is a link that will help you: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2026006-1490761-16 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.