Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 6530HP Pavilion

Boot device not found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk

Hard disk (3F0)

F2 system Diagnostics

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

no context told, 😎

PC ran for years and today , no boot files found (or bought this at garage sale for $10 As-is , yesterday)

or decided one day to fresh install UNSTATED OS, w 7,8 or 10.

and the installer can not find the base HDD0?

my guess it  just happened  now (out of the blue)and have  no idea why. sure and answers are easy. generic.

well #1a top reason is bad HDD.

#1b is  RTC coin cell bad, and now BIOS goes nuts and can not find the good HDD0.  for sure this happens.

20 years old this PC can be.

a6530?? did you forget to type "A"  2000 - 2007 year , no RTC battery  lasts this long ever. if that old.

bottom of my hP PC has service tag,  show full model and shows nnnnnnnn#ABA product code ??????????

example; KQ496AA#ABA (relic PC)

or is this a Compaq laptop.  6530B posted to wrong forum channel DESKTOPs.

so sorry I have no idea at all what PC you have.

hp ended support on A6530 destops the a6540F is 2008 pC,   not sure yours, no service tag  ABA number told.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

I have same issue but with an HP Pavilion   15-CS84904ff

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.