Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Turned on computer, blue square says:

Boot device not found

Please install an operating system on you hard drive

Hard disk - (3FO)

SKU: F3D77AAR#ABA

I've had this computer for a while and this has never happened before

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Laurar2302 

Hello,

What is the exact model of your desktop computer (e.g. 5ES85EA)?
To find this product number P/N: this document.

The Hard disk - (3F0) a problem with your hard drive and it may need to be replaced. If possible, back up your personal files to a flash drive or external hard drive as soon as you can.

The following documents are available for reference:

Alternative solution: Please use the Microsoft Upgrade Tool to update Windows 10 to the latest version available below.
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you. I didn't see a product number. Perhaps the SKU will work - F3D77AAR#ABA

HP Recommended

@Laurar2302 

Thanks for your return,

Please replace the hard drive to solve the problem with your computer.

After replacing the hard drive, access Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8 ) to reinstall Windows.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.