Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, so I downloaded an instrument pack that had a virus that made my disk run on 100%, so I did virus scans on safe mode and used Malwarebytes to find 50+ different Malwares that I deleted. It still kept running on 100% disk everytime I opened internet so I decided to do a full recovery on my Windows 10. I was on about 4% until I had to go help my mom and I accidentally closed it. Then it gave me some errors and I managed to get back on my Windows as if I never tried the recovery, and obviously still had the problem, so I tried starting the recovery again. On the recovery it went to 4-5% until it struck me on the blue page w options to do a full recovery again etc.. and I tried it again. After that it got me on the Boot Device No Found - error that I havent been able to get rid of. I did a quick scan on my disk and my disk passed. Tried also setting the BIOS defaults and switching from Legacy to UEFI.. shows that I have Windows 10 still on my BIOS settings but nothings working, any help please?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Try this root kit revealer first if you can...

https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/tdsskiller

Next would be ...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

OR

From 2016 onwards there is a possible recovery option via the cloud...
HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 7 & 10)
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

NEXT
This First part only works when a valid Recovery Partition is enabled.

Turn off the computer.

Disconnect all connected devices and cables, Media Drives, USB drives, printers, & faxes.
Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.
Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.

Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second,
until the Choose an option screen is displayed, and then continue.

On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot, and work your way through the screens.

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for responding. I tried the F11 thingy and on the bottom left it says starting Recovery but then goes straight to the Boot Device Not Found page. How should I get the Windows ISO file? On a diff computer and put it on a USB stick? And is the same with the Kaspersky thing and Recovery Tool? I bought this Omen laptop in 2017 think it's HP Omen-15 so does it work on mine? Sorry I'm a bit clueless.

HP Recommended

Hi

Since the F11 option does not complete, please try this....

Hi
First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat; Re-Connect the AC adapter.

NOW begin checking/testing/proving the Hardware is fit for purpose.
Power on your PC, press ESC (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).

Just in case the HDD has a problem.

Yes another PC is the norm.

There is a small program that downloads, then eventually you can make a USB with it.

HOWEVER

ANY CHANGE YOU MADE IN THE BIOS could also be the problem.

The HDD is setup either as a Legacy, or more likely SECURE EFI boot option.  The 2 are not really compatible.

BIOS Boot One.png

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.