Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 500 PC Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have booting and startup issues with my desktop, after switching on it says boot device not found install an operating system on your hard disk. I run the quick test of hard disk and the result shows short DST failed. please I need assistance on what to do next. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You have already taken the first step with running the diagnostics.  The results posted indicate the hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced.  There are many different variations in the Pavilion 500 PC Series, without the complete model number, that is about the help I can give.

Plan on replacing the hard drive.  The typical drive being a 3.5" SATA drive and can be replaced with up to a 1TB for an inexpensive dollar amount.  Since you do not live in the USA, I do not know what retail resources are available to you.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.