Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 27 k450na All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi

I have done a standard BIOS update via a USB drive using 80.10 Rev.A for my hardware. The update restarted the computer and seemed to go through OK. (I am very experienced with doing BIOS updates). However when HP Envy 27 All-in-One is turned on its stuck on the HP screen. If I touch the keyboard the processor type, speed, memory details and Bios Revision is listed. At the bottom of the screen it says Press ESC key for Startup Menu.

DSC_0215-2.jpg

I have tried restarting and booting off the USB drive again, but it doesn't boot of the drive. It doesn't proceed past this point.

Can any one help?

Thanks

Cherie

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Restart your computer, and enter BIOS SETUP mode. 

Check the "boot order", to ensure that the disk-drive is listed as a "bootable" device.

HP Recommended

Restart the computer.

Does it show that you can press some key to select from a list of "bootable" devices?

Is your disk-drive identified in that list?

If you choose the disk-drive, does it boot?

Or, after entering BIOS SETUP, check the "boot order", to verify that your disk-drive is listed among the "bootable" devices?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.