Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp ALL in one 22 df0

I’m trying to boot from usb 

when I restart the computer I press ESC 

then press F9

and I don’t see an option to boot from usb all I have is 

UEFI BOOT SOURCES 

OS BOOT MANAGER 

WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER 

BOOT FROM EFI FILE 

LEGACY BOOT SOURCES. 

I really need help to get this done because it’s for my new job and I don’t know what to do. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What happens when you select Legacy Boot sources?

If nothing, go into the BIOS enable legacy mode and see if you can boot from the Legacy USB flash drive.

See this link for the settings to change.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03659945

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Ive tried booting it by pressing F9 then pressing enter on usb under legacy but nothing happens. The usb is from work and I need to boot it first. 

image.jpg

HP Recommended

Also it comes up with name of the usb under legacy boot sources but when I pressed enter on that it said error 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know why the PC isn't booting from the USB flash drive if it is showing up in the legacy boot options menu.

Assuming you moved the cursor to highlight the Hitachi Travel Star USB drive and not the line above it, It should have worked.

HP Recommended

I highlighted the USB and it come up with 

DISK ERROR 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.