Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq dc7900 SFF
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My HP don't booting from usb.I don't know why.I open boot menu and select boot from usb but it boot from HDD i want update my 160GB hdd but I can't. Please help.

Kingstone DataTravel 100 G3

Bios detect the USB.I try every thing change boot order. Dissable and enable front usb but nothing. I'm will update the bios.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Optical drive works great. Thank you

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You would have to have bootable items on this disk: like Windows operating system installation files and folders, or bootable operating system rescue disk information, or a portable and bootable Linux operating system on the Kingston drive to boot to this device.

Regards

HP Recommended

I used Windows media creator and i tested to boot in my test machine and it worked but in my HP Compaq dc7900 SFF no work.

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

HP Recommended

Hi,

You may run into a lot of problems if you are upgrading to Windows 10.

Gee, I don't know. Your PC shipped with Windows XP. Windows Vista is circa 2007. Windows XP is circa 2001.

I can't remember when HP included BIOS options to boot to USB.

You should be able to boot to USB installation media if the option exists.

Try using optical media.

Regards

HP Recommended

Optical drive works great. Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi, Vojta_CZE,

You're very welcome.

Good to see you have solved the problem.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.