Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23-q110na All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would much appreciate help with this issue.

On booting a sequence of 3 long and 4 short beeps are heard which repeats in the same cycle 5 times. The computer then boots normally.

I have done a complete clean reinstall of the OS but the situation remains.  

I have opened it up and re-seated the RAM

Power supply seems to be the correct one and the power connector is in properly

I have installed the HP UEFI diagnostics to the OS and run and all tests pass

What I have not been able to do is the more extensive HP UEFI diagnostics installed on a bootable USB stick as this just gets stuck on "Initializing Diagnostics" and locks up. I gather there would be additional tests I could perform this way if only it would run.

I have not tried to re-flash the BIOS as can't find the correct download to do this. 

Any suggestions welcome on how I could analyse this further or resolution. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have seen this in the threads before.  Here is one for example

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/3-long-beeps-followed-4-short-beeps-and-then-s...

While I can see no reason for the problem (since it does go ahead and start up), it seems that reinserting the power cord in the back of the PC fixes the issue.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you but I have removed and put back the power cord many times. I've had the back off and checked for anything obvious inside.

Any reason why I can't run the UEFI Hardware diagnostics from a bootable USB stick? It just freezes on "Initializing Diagnostics" screen? Same thing happens when tapping F2 on boot to run the same.

HP Recommended

Sorry I cannot help any further.

Perhaps another can answer those questions.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Deleted

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.